Wednesday, August 7, 2013

June: Adelyn's Activities & More!


This month began some fun activities for Adelyn! After taking break for a few months, we re-enrolled A in gymnastics- an activity that she loved and was a good physical challenge for her, too! 
All ready for her 1st day!
Warming up before they get tumbling!
We love Miss Linda- she is so patient with the kids and challenges A to do things by herself! This was A's greatest challenge- the parallel bars, but with Miss Linda's encouragement & guidance she soon braved them all by herself! :)
A walking the parallel bars
Additionally, Granny & Grampy gifted Adelyn dance classes for her birthday- at Mommy's old studio! I think I was more excited than she was (at first).

Walking while balancing a tambourine on her head
(Multitasking by waving, too!)
My beautiful little dancer
She's a natural! :)

Aside from her extra activities, she continues to be ultra silly. Here are some on her funny stints & antics lately.

Catching up with People mag at Gi-Gi's
Grocery shopping for her b-day party
Enjoying licking the beaters (by herself!) for her b-day cake!
This is how I know just HOW good of a nap she has:
the amount of drool! ;)
Her 1st sucker (of course it had to be blue!)
Dinner date & shopping with Mama
How do I look?
A was not thrilled the storm sirens sounded in the middle of the night!
Snuggles with Joshy!
A loved the paper fan souvenir  from Auntie Holly's wedding
Silly girl
Already practicing her walk in heels!
She's getting so tall! :)
Fresh picked strawberries from Granny's garden, anyone? :)

And here are some other "funnies" I caught on camera this month:

A talking on the phone...1st to Caroline wondering why she didn't come to our house,
then to Bear

A telling the squirrels to "scram" from our bird food:

Lately A has been extremely interested in "which words begin with which letters." Her new ABC placemat may have sparked her interest;) She will ask me, for example, " what letter does 'milk' start with?" And I will answer her by going through all the words she already knows that begin with that letter, and sound them out i.e. "m-m-milk, m-m-mitten, m-m-mommy. The letter 'M' starts with?..." Usually the last word I hint gives away the letter, and she answers (usually correctly!) the letter! Here is a snippet I managed to record:
Letters with Adelyn


A's new lipgloss

No comments:

Post a Comment