Tuesday, September 10, 2013

August: Kiddos

My little loves 
Lately, because of all the showings at our house, we've been kicked out of our house at inconvenient times. Many times happened to be during meal times, so for breakfast I would treat the kids to McD's hotcakes :)
Yum!
Mmm!
When Daddy works his weekend job, we try to call him before bedtimes so he can say "goodnight" to the babes.
Daddy giving Ian kisses (he thought that was SO funny!)
Adelyn's turn! 
Still, one of my favorite things is when A is in quiet time (time out) and Ian "checks up" on her. He doesn't want to miss a thing!
Hehe...
I am an adult who still gets ear infections, so when I had one and the kids also came down with a cold, I thought I'd better bring them in! Turned out they, too, suffer from allergies, which was kind of inevitable being that both Luc and I have terrible seasonal allergies! Sorry kids!
Brave big sister
My turn!
The kids drew with chalk while we waited for the Dr!
Nummy apple bread from Great Harvest
(I have to get 2 now, bc Mommy doesn't like to share! ;) )
Fun times at the park...
Love this!
At the park with Josh

They're doing some construction by Pizza Ranch, so we took a pic by all the "uck ucks"
(Ian says that for truck and tractor)
The kids' favorite Tuesday morning event is anticipating the garbage man coming...

This is what I've been waking up to lately..A goes into I's room until they're noisy enough to wake Mommy. They usually play well together (she reads stories to him or hides under his dust ruffle :) ), so sometimes I don't know how long they've been awake for before me because they are quiet (woops!) Also, before this next video, this was actually the first time Ian tried to climb out of his crib (at least that I've seen), and we DID lower his crib after this!

Ian just learned to kick a ball, and I got the first few tries on tape! :)



Something new we're committing to is homeschool preschool for the kids. We decided it wasn't in the cards for us to send A back to school, or even a preschool with our church (new house > spending $ on something I can do with them at home!). Besides, I found an awesome blog on homeschooling toddlers, and weekly lesson plans are even included! During our "school," Ian sits in high chair occupied with shapes, puzzles, books, etc., while Adelyn and I do different activities together. So far, Ian has kept himself mostly occupied with educational toys while I help big sis work on lower case letters (she's known all uppercase for quite some time now!), pronouncing letters, and combining letters to make words. Here is our "1st day." :)
A's "salt tray letters"
Busy at work...
Ian learning to sort his shapes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment